Want to experience the power of mindfulness and learn to apply it consistently in your own life? I’m teaching a Mindfulness Meditation course on Zoom, the first offering in the Natural Lifemanship Institute’s Building Your Resilience Series this year. You’ll learn the fundamentals of mindfulness meditation, how to work with emotions, cultivate inner resources and self-compassion, and embody the heart practices of forgiveness and loving-kindness. Five weekly sessions prepare your mind, body and soul for a daylong retreat where we’ll deepen and integrate the practices.
- The course comprises five 90-minute online weekly sessions & one daylong online retreat.
- Weekly sessions are held on Mondays at 5:00 PM Central Time
- Dates: June 6, 13, 20, 27, July 11
- The daylong online retreat is from 10-4 PM Central Time on Saturday, July 30th.
- Price: $299
- NL Members Price: $75 ($6 per hour)*
- *Members must be logged onto naturallifemanship.com to register for this event at the discounted price.
- Space is limited to 12 participants.
Course Page and Registration Link:
What to Expect:
Session 1: Introduction to Mindfulness
- What is mindfulness?
- Breath and Body
- Finding your anchor
Session 2: Self-Compassion and Resourcing
- Deepening practice
- The wing of kindness or compassion (balances the wing of wisdom)
- Connecting with the five senses
- Mind like the sky
- Thoughts like a river
- Long outbreath
- Hand on heart
- Find a pleasant or neutral place in the body
- Image of a loving other or spiritual figure
- Rhythmic, patterned sensory input and movement
Session 3: Mindfulness of Emotions
- Opening to the full range of human experience
- A trauma-sensitive approach
- RAIN practice for working with difficult emotions
Session 4: The Wise Heart – Forgiveness Meditation
- What forgiveness is and what it is not
- Practicing for the freedom of our own heart
- Sensing into the time and pace that feels most nurturing
Session 5: The Wise Heart – Loving kindness Practice
- Benefits of loving kindness practice
- Sending metta to loved ones, ourselves, neutral and difficult others
- Finding the words and wishes that feel genuine toward difficult others
Session 6: Daylong online retreat to deepen your practice
- Learn to become more grounded, peaceful and present through the ever-changing experiences of life. As one saying goes, “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf.”